Best New Vampire Tales Vol 1

Best New Vampire Tales Vol 1 - James Roy Daley,  Matt Hults,  David Niall Wilson,  William Meikle,  Michael Laimo,  John Everson,  James Newman,  Don Webb,  Nancy Kilpatrick,  Barbara Roden,  Tim Wagonner,  Steve Vernon,  Jay Caselberg,  Colleen Anderson,  John L. French,  David M. Fitzpatrick,  Alan 3.5 Stars

This was a decent short story collection. All vampire themed stories, some much better than others. The standouts for me were as follows:

"Through the Valley of Death" by Matt Hults. I believe I read this story in a collection of Mr. Hult's works. Nevertheless, I was happy to read it again and I liked it just as much as I did the first time.

"A Sunset So Glorious" by Rycke Foreman. I liked the originality of this story of vampire and djinn.

"The Verbpire" by Frederick Obermeyer. At first the idea seemed pretty silly, but by the end of the story, I thought it was awesome.

"Morning Sickness" by William Meikle. Just plain awesome. (This was my first experience with this author, it won't be my last.

" Preserver" by Tim Waggoner. A unique look at what else a vampire can suck away from you.

"The Sabbatarian" by David M. Fitzpatrick. I thought that not only was this a good story, it was kind of funny too.

"Moving Lines" by Steve Vernon. Having a gypsy read the palm of a vampire is probably not going to turn out well.

A total of 18 stories, with 7 standouts (for me), leaves me with a 3.5 rating. Because the stories that stood out REALLY stood out, I rounded it up to 4 stars.