The Neighbors by Ania Ahlborn

The Neighbors - Ania Ahlborn

I won an advanced reading copy of this book in a Goodreads give-away.
I am a huge fan of this author's first book Seed and I was excited to begin this, her second. I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed.

As a young man of 23, Andrew(Drew),is already no stranger to disappointment. Between a father that deserted him and a mother who became agoraphobic as a result, Drew doesn't have much of a chance. Resentful of the fact that he is trapped in his hometown and trapped by his mother's illness, Drew finally snaps and moves out on his own. That's when the trouble starts.

Drew moves in with an old childhood friend, who seems to have appeared out of nowhere, offering him a way out. But there is a problem. There is no way out.

I won't go any further into the plot, but I found it to be intriguing. There were a couple of things that rode the border of not being believable, but I was having so much fun I didn't care. The story was fast paced and the protagonist compelling and truly a nice guy. I was really hoping that he would make it through. You will have to read it yourself to find out whether or not he does.