Inside the Outside - Martin Lastrapes This is a book very unlike anything else I've ever read.

The protagonist, Timber Marlowe, was born and raised in a cult called "The Divinity of Feminine Reproach". She knows no other life.
The rules of the cult are many and breaking the rules is not allowed. The punishment for breaking them? You will be sent to the Sustenance House where your body will be prepared as food for the rest of the cult. This story follows Timber as she tries to escape.

The first section of the book is mostly involved in filling in information about the Divinity. It's detailed but engaging. The second and third sections delve more deeply into Timber's life and her escape from the Divinity.

Timber is not your every day protagonist. She has done some terrible, terrible things. The trick of this book is that you care about her anyway. All of the characters in the book are well drawn and defined. I cared about all of them, both good and bad.

Two last things. First: this book is defintely not for the squeamish or those with weak stomachs. Second: This book was incredibly well edited and well written. I spotted only two typos and I can't even remember the last time I saw a book with that few errors.
I would highly recommend this to any horror fan, even though it is not really a scary story in the traditional sense.