Devil's Fire

Devil's Fire - Marjorie Kaye I picked up this book during a free promotion from the author.
Disclosure: I have never met this author in real life, but have chatted with her in Amazon's horror forum.

This story follows several time lines during the course of just over a century. It traces the life of a creature/demon through various incarnations and throughout the generations of a few families.

At first, it was a little difficult to keep the time lines straight because the names of the children/grandchildren were the same or similiar as the names from a century ago. The author provided a 'relationships' page, so if I got confused I could reference it to keep everything straight.

I enjoyed the pacing of the story and I also enjoyed how the threads of the different families throughout history met up at the end. I thought the ending was an excellent blend of mystery, suspense and horror. I found it to be a very satisfying and exciting conclusion set in one of our more modern horrors-a shopping mall. I am looking forward to reading more from Ms. Kaye.