Blood Tells True - Alan Ryker After finishing Burden Kansas (Vampires of the Plains), I couldn't help myself. I had to continue on right away with part two of the series Blood Tells True. To be honest, at first I didn't see where the author could take the story, but he was able to continue it on in a believable way.

**HERE THERE BE SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T READ BURDEN KANSAS**

Jessica is the sole survivor in her family. She exists now solely to track down and kill any vampires she can find. In fact, she likes to track them and practice fighting them to hone her skills. Unfortunately, one escapes. The story continues with her efforts to find the escapee which leads her to, of course, more vampires.

The action scenes are very well written and Jessica is a well fleshed out character, but we are not spared the fact that Jessica's life is rather empty. She has no one, no family, no friends, no one. She's lonely, stubborn and a complete BADASS.

I don't like to go to far into the plot with reviews because I, as a reader, don't like that. I like to discover the story for myself. I will say that I didn't like this story quite as much as I liked Burden, but definitely enough so that I will be onboard for the next installment of the series