Classic Horror Challenge for 2014

The Castle of Otranto - Horace Walpole The Island of Dr. Moreau - H.G. Wells The Monk - Christopher MacLachlan, Matthew Gregory Lewis Best Ghost Stories of Algernon Blackwood - Algernon Blackwood, E.F. Bleiler Uncle Silas - Victor Sage, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

One of the reasons I enjoy Goodreads so much (even with the current censorship debacle) is the diversity of their reading groups. The Paced Reading Group is starting a Classic Horror challenge. With two lists to choose from, it was difficult to decide which books to read, but I finally settled on the ones listed above.

I have always been interested in classic horror because these are the ones that came before. These are the authors that shaped and molded horror stories back in the day. It's interesting to read these older tales and see how horror has changed over the years. I've challenged myself to read five of them this year. Wish me luck!

*I accidentally deleted this post last night (!), so apologies to those who are seeing this again.*