I Was Tagged!

I was tagged by: (Grimlock) the Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord:

Here we go!

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'? Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?  Well,  let's see:

I am currently reading "Mother's Boys" by Daniel I. Russell to review for HAD.

I am currently listening to " Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" on audio.

I am currently reading "Teatro Grottesco" by Thomas Ligotti (short story collection)

I am currently reading "Dangerous Dreams" a volume of dark poetry by Sandy Deluca and Marge Simon.

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'? "In The House of the Worm" by George R.R. Martin. (Whooohoo!)

4. What book do you plan to read next? "River of Souls" by Robert McCammon!

Another whoohoo goes here because this is the 5th installment of this excellent historical fiction series. So.....WHOOHOO!

5. Do you use the star rating system? Yes

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge? I was planning on doing several.

My main reading challenge is to read 150 books this year. This should be a do-able challenge for me.

I also challenged myself to read some disturbing books Disturbing Books Challenge, that has been a massive failure, (though I did pick up most of the books).

I also challenged myself to read some classic horror: http://charlene.booklikes.com/post/742528/classic-horror-challenge-for-2014

I still have hope that I will complete this one.

7. Do you have a wishlist? Yes, and it's HUGE!

8.What book do you want to buy next? The Collector by John Fowles

9. Do you have any favorite quotes? Yes!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."-Edgar Allen Poe

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."-Grouch Marx

“See, this is my opinion: we all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read the clouds and see our destiny in grains of sand. But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it churched out, spanked out, washed out, and combed out. We get put on the straight and narrow and told to be responsible. Told to act our age. Told to grow up, for God's sake. And you know why we were told that? Because the people doing the telling were afraid of our wildness and youth, and because the magic we knew made them ashamed and sad of what they'd allowed to wither in themselves.”

-Robert McCammon, Boy's Life

Kealan Patrick Burke

James Newman

George R.R. Martin

Joe Hill

11. Have you joined any groups? I belong to so many groups! I don't participate that much in the groups here because the format is clunky. I belong to a bunch on Goodreads though, so feel free to look me up there!

12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag? Yes! See #13!

13. What are 5 of your favorite books?

Boy's Life by Robert McCammon