The Elementals by Michael McDowell-A Goodreads "Buddy Read"

The Elementals - Michael McDowell

Since I've set up shop here at the Horror Corner, I've talked a lot about how much I enjoy 80's horror. Not all of it, of course, but the well written stuff for sure. The Elementals is a great example of what I'm talking about.

A group of some of my favorite reader friends are doing a buddy read of this over at Goodreads and we are having a blast with this book. Seriously, we can hardly go 5 minutes before someone comes in and says something great about this story. Okay, I exaggerate, but I don't think there's one of us that isn't enjoying it. What fun!! (I will talk more about this book when I post my review.)

Do you ever have that feeling about a book-especially right away when you're first beginning-when you just know it's going to be good? And even though it's fantastic, you try to read kind of slow, so that it's not all over too fast? Do you ever stop and marvel over sentences or a wonderful turn of phrase? I do. All the time. And I LOVE that feeling.

Do you ever join in Buddy Reads? Do you like them and have fun, or no? Why?

Anyway, I have to go back to work now, but tonight, tonight I cannot wait to finish this bad boy!  I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Until then, I'm interested in what you, my fellow readers have to say about some of these questions. So weigh in with your thoughts anytime!