The Cormorant by Stephen Gregory

The Cormorant - Stephen Gregory

I'm going to go ahead and award this one the full five stars. That's right. It rocked!

Picked up yesterday afternoon around 4 pm, finished today around 4pm, this story left me with visions of this bird,(and its streaming jets of shit), bouncing around in my head. The other reviews go into the set up so I will leave that off and just tell you how this story made me feel.

At times, it seemed ridiculous...I mean, really- it's just a big black-ish/greenish/blue-ish bird-what's the big deal, right? But... but what about when in the dead of night your toddler is frozen at the window staring out at the (it's just a)bird in its pen? And the bird, standing with wings spread, totally still,is staring back? Is it a big deal then? That's not even anywhere close to a few other scenes which turned my bones to ice and my skin to goosebumps.

This book rocketed by because I wanted to give it every spare minute. I highly recommend it to fans of quiet 80's horror. Also recommended to fans of scenes that chill to the bone, and images that sear into the brain. Bravo!

*A free copy of this book was provided by Valancourt Books in exchange for an honest review. This is it.*