Best Books of September 2014

The Thicket - Joe R. Lansdale Blackwater 3: The House - Michael McDowell Blackwater I: The Flood - Michael McDowell

It's that time again-time to pull together the great reads from last month. Click the book titles to see my review.

Here's what worked for me in September:

Blackwater 1: The Flood by Michael McDowell: Well worth the time I have waited to read it. It fulfilled all my expectations and I loved the hell out of it!

The Thicket by Joe Lansdale: This book was wonderful and has put me on the path to read a lot more of Lansdale's work in the near future.

Blackwater 3: The House by Michael McDowell: A continuation of the series that started with The Flood. This is excellent stuff, people! Really, it is. :)

I can't wait to get back to the Blackwater series, to be honest. I have a few review obligations, a buddy read of "Bad Apples" with the Horror Aficionados group at Goodreads, and a few group reads in my own horror group, then I will be right back to it. Hell, I've waited all this time to read it-I guess a few more weeks won't matter much.