Hap and Leonard by Joe Lansdale

Hap and Leonard - Michael Koryta, Joe R. Lansdale

Hap & Leonard are hilarious! I loved this collection of short stories which jumped all over the place from serious to sad, hilarious to depressing.

As someone new to Hap & Leonard, I found this collection to be a great way to get to know them. I was already planning to make this my year of Lansdale and this was my first book of his in 2016. After getting to know Hap and Leonard: Hap being a big redneck of a white man, (soon to be played by James Purefoy, previously of The Following), and Leonard being a big, black, gay man and Vietnam veteran, (soon to be played by Michael Kenneth Williams, formerly Chalky White of Boardwalk Empire), I don't know how I can help myself  from continuing on with this series-in both book and television form.

f you like Lansdale's horror works, I'm pretty sure you'll like this series too. I've only read this one so far, but that will be rectified shortly. Year of Lansdale, here I come!

Highly recommended to fans of Joe Lansdale and to fans of great buddy stories, in general.

Available for pre-order now, here: Hap & Leonard.

*Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for the free ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*